Give a Boost to Your Users’ Productivity
A Mass Quick Action is a type of Quick Action. Once the action is created you add that action to an object’s search layout i.e. List View. Once it is set up, you can select a maximum of 100 records in a list view and perform create or update functions. It was introduced in Summer ’18 release. Mass Quick Action is available to use with the following objects:
- Work Orders
- Custom Objects which support Quick Actions and have a search layout in Lightning Experience
You first create quick action for the object, then let your users perform actions on multiple records in a list view. E.g. enable users to create multiple Tasks on several Lead records, enable support agents to add Case Comments to multiple Cases at a time, etc.
Although this is a cool, time saver feature that improves user productivity, there are many considerations and guidelines to follow. You should be aware of these before creating Mass Quick Action. I have listed a few most important ones below.
Mass Quick Action Considerations
- It is available only in Lightning Experience apps, including apps with standard and console navigation
- Cannot perform mass quick actions on a Recently Viewed list, in Communities, Notes, or Users
- Cannot use Tooling API, AppExchange, and Changesets to add these actions in an object’s search layout
- Changes performed by a mass quick action cannot be reverted. So your users need to be careful when taking mass quick action
Well, that was a quick overview of Mass Quick Action. I have come up with a short step-by-step guide to give you hands-on experience in configuring it. Here’s what this guide covers:
- Create a Quick Action
- Set Pre-defined Field Values
- Add Quick Action in Search Layout
- Test Mass Quick Action
Go ahead and delight your users with this productivity booster. Won’t take more than 15-20 minutes of your time to set it up and will save hours of your users’ time. A good return on investment, isn’t it?
(We have discontinued our premium membership offering. If you are an existing premium member, you can still download the guides by clicking on “DOWNLOAD PDF [PREMIUM MEMBERS]” button. If you are not a premium member and want to download the guides, please sign up for our “All Access” pass. Complete details about this pass is available at this URL.)
References & Useful URLs
- Set Up a Mass Quick Action – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=mass_quick_actions_create.htm&type=5
- Mass Quick Action Considerations – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=mass_quick_actions_considerations.htm&type=5
- Set Up Productivity Tools – Trailhead Unit (30 mins) – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/service-cloud-agent-productivity/set-up-the-productivity-tools
- Platform Lightning: Mass Quick Actions Enhancements – Salesforce Releases Video (3:10 mins) – https://youtu.be/Q7Yoqhnisgw
4 thoughts on “How To Set Up Mass Quick Action in Salesforce”
Dynamic Quick Action Visibility Setting won’t work in Mass Quick Action(listview)? any suggestions?
That is right Prerak. Dynamic actions are configured on Lighting Record Pages, which is quite different than list views. As of now the only suggestion I can think of is to submit the idea to Salesforce at URL https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaSearch
Ashish, thanks for this guide. This is very helpful!
My pleasure Jeff!