Give a Boost to Your Users’ Productivity
A Mass Quick Action is a type of Quick Action. Once the action is created you add that action to an object’s search layout i.e. List View. Once it is set up, you can select a maximum of 100 records in a list view and perform create or update functions. It was introduced in Summer ’18 release. Mass Quick Action is available to use with the following objects:
- Work Orders
- Custom Objects which support Quick Actions and have a search layout in Lightning Experience
You first create quick action for the object, then let your users perform actions on multiple records in a list view. E.g. enable users to create multiple Tasks on several Lead records, enable support agents to add Case Comments to multiple Cases at a time, etc.
Although this is a cool, time saver feature that improves user productivity, there are many considerations and guidelines to follow. You should be aware of these before creating Mass Quick Action. I have listed a few most important ones below.
Mass Quick Action Considerations
- It is available only in Lightning Experience apps, including apps with standard and console navigation
- Cannot perform mass quick actions on a Recently Viewed list, in Communities, Notes, or Users
- Cannot use Tooling API, AppExchange, and Changesets to add these actions in an object’s search layout
- Changes performed by a mass quick action cannot be reverted. So your users need to be careful when taking mass quick action
Well, that was a quick overview of Mass Quick Action. I have come up with a short step-by-step guide to give you hands-on experience in configuring it. Here’s what this guide covers:
- Create a Quick Action
- Set Pre-defined Field Values
- Add Quick Action in Search Layout
- Test Mass Quick Action
Go ahead and delight your users with this productivity booster. Won’t take more than 15-20 minutes of your time to set it up and will save hours of your users’ time. A good return on investment, isn’t it?
- Set Up a Mass Quick Action – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=mass_quick_actions_create.htm&type=5
- Mass Quick Action Considerations – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=mass_quick_actions_considerations.htm&type=5
- Set Up Productivity Tools – Trailhead Unit (30 mins) – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/service-cloud-agent-productivity/set-up-the-productivity-tools
- Platform Lightning: Mass Quick Actions Enhancements – Salesforce Releases Video (3:10 mins) – https://youtu.be/Q7Yoqhnisgw