Introduced in Salesforce Spring ‘21 release, you can now send rich text emails from Flows in Salesforce. Earlier, you could send email only in plain text when sending an email using Flow’s core ‘Send Email’ action. And to send an email in rich text, you had to use a Classic Email Template of type Custom along with an Email Alert to send it through Process Builder.
After this enhancement Flow is slowly becoming a one-stop-shop for all your automation needs and it hints that Salesforce intends to focus on improving the Flow furthermore in upcoming releases.
(As a matter of act if you have been using other automation tools like Workflow Rule or Process Builder, my recommendation will be to move to Flow)
With a brand new rich text email format, you have more options to send an email from a Flow. Now you can beautify your emails by presenting information in bullet points, make the text bold or italic. Also, you can add images to jazz up your emails.
As this is the latest and one of the interesting features of the Salesforce Spring ‘21 release, I have come up with a short guide to explain how to set it up. Within the next 15-20 minutes, you will learn how to send Rich Text Emails from Flows in Salesforce. This guide covers how to:
- Create a Record-Triggered Flow
- Create a Rich Text Template as Email Body
- Save & Activate the Flow
- Test the Email Delivery
NOTE: Certain sections of the guide will appear as locked in the free preview. You can download the unlocked version of the guide in PDF format by subscribing to our “All Access” Pass through the link below.
Introducing Mastering Salesforce Flows Training Course
Liked this post? We are now offering a complete self-paced, video-based training course on Mastering Salesforce Flows. The course comes with downloadable step-by-step PDF guides, unlimited access, free upgrades, community discussion area, free preview and more. For more details, please click here.
Need Help with Flows?
Need advice on Flows? I also offer advisory & consulting services on Salesforce Flows. So, whether you want to create new Flows or migrate existing automations (Workflow Rules, Process Builder, Triggers) to Flows, I can help you analyze, design, plan & review. To initiate a discussion, please submit the contact form here stating your requirement or schedule a discussion at this URL.
References & Useful URLs
- Send Rich Text Emails from Your Flow Using a Send Email Action – Salesforce Spring ’21 Release Notes (5 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_flow_fbuilder_send_rich_emails.htm&type=5&release=230
- Flow – Help Article (20 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow.htm&type=5
- Flow Resource: Text Template – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_ref_resources_texttemplate.htm&type=5
- Flow Core Action: Send Email – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_ref_elements_actions_sendemail.htm&type=5