Introduced in Salesforce Spring ‘21 release, you can now send rich text emails from Flows in Salesforce. Earlier, you could send email only in plain text when sending an email using Flow’s core ‘Send Email’ action. And to send an email in rich text, you had to use a Classic Email Template of type Custom along with an Email Alert to send it through Process Builder.
After this enhancement Flow is slowly becoming a one-stop-shop for all your automation needs and it hints that Salesforce intends to focus on improving the Flow furthermore in upcoming releases.
(As a matter of act if you have been using other automation tools like Workflow Rule or Process Builder, my recommendation will be to move to Flow)
With a brand new rich text email format, you have more options to send an email from a Flow. Now you can beautify your emails by presenting information in bullet points, make the text bold or italic. Also, you can add images to jazz up your emails.
As this is the latest and one of the interesting features of the Salesforce Spring ‘21 release, I have come up with a short guide to explain how to set it up. Within the next 15-20 minutes, you will learn how to send Rich Text Emails from Flows in Salesforce. This guide covers how to:
- Create a Record-Triggered Flow
- Create a Rich Text Template as Email Body
- Save & Activate the Flow
- Test the Email Delivery
References & Useful URLs:
- Send Rich Text Emails from Your Flow Using a Send Email Action – Salesforce Spring ’21 Release Notes (5 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_flow_fbuilder_send_rich_emails.htm&type=5&release=230
- Flow – Help Article (20 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow.htm&type=5
- Flow Resource: Text Template – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_ref_resources_texttemplate.htm&type=5
- Flow Core Action: Send Email – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=flow_ref_elements_actions_sendemail.htm&type=5