Turn your website inquiries and complaints into Salesforce Leads and Cases
Every business, small or large, has a website nowadays. It can be a basic 5 page website or a comprehensive one including various details about business, products, careers etc. A company’s website is probably the first place anyone will go to, if they want to know more about the products or log a complaint.
To make it easier for the companies to integrate their website with CRM, Salesforce provides two cool features – web-to-lead & web-to-case. Let’s briefly learn what these are and what we can do with it.
With web-to-lead, you can display a form on the company’s website to capture visitor’s information and inquiry and store that as a new lead in Salesforce. This lead can then be assigned to your sales team for follow up. You can generate up to 500 leads per day. Optionally specify default response template if you want to automate email replies to prospects. There’s also an option to redirect visitors to a specific web page to thank them for the inquiry. All you have to do is enable the feature, generate sample HTML and add it to your website.
Quite similar to web-to-lead, with web-to-case you can capture visitor’s query or complaint on the website and create a case in Salesforce. You can generate up to 5000 cases in a 24-hour period in Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, Performance, and Developer editions. Optionally you can set up default response template for automatically notifying customers that their case was created.
reCAPTCHA verification in Web-to-Lead and Web-to-Case makes it difficult for spam-bots to create junk Leads and Cases in your Salesforce org. If reCAPTCHA challenge is not completed, all the entries are rejected.
Setting up web-to-case or web-to-lead will be pretty easy with this step-by-step guide, that covers how to:
- Generate reCAPTCHA API Key Pair
- Enable Web-to-Lead
- Create Web-to-Lead Form
- Test Web-to-Lead
- Enable Web-to-Case
- Create Web-To-Case Form
- Test Web-to-Case
- Generate Leads from Your Website for Your Sales Teams – Help Article (10 minutes) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=setting_up_web-to-lead.htm&type=5
- Set Up Web-to-Case – Help Article (10 minutes) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=setting_up_web-to-case.htm&type=5
- Enable reCAPTCHA to Prevent Spam Cases – Help Article (10 minutes) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customizesupport_web_to_case_enable_recaptcha.htm&type=5
- Generate Web-to-Case HTML Code – Help Article (10 minutes) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=web_to_case_html.htm&type=5
- Web-to-Case Notes and Limitations – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=customizesupport_web_to_case_notes.htm&type=5