Salesforce CMS is a hybrid Content Management System. It was announced in Dreamforce ’19 and is generally available from Winter ’20. You can create and manage content from a single location, then use that in multiple places. It allows you to share content across communities, create content on Community by Community basis and assign access roles to users to control who creates the content. It is available in both Lightning and Visualforce + Tabs Communities.
Salesforce CMS Starter
All standard Salesforce licenses include CMS starter pack. With starter pack, you can create up to 500 content records, 20 custom content types (apart from the default News type) and have up to 50 GB of content served in a year. If your organization needs more then additional allowances are available as enhancements to your license.
Salesforce CMS Process
Managing content using CMS is a four step process. You start with creating content, then share that content with Communities. Organize the Content with Tags, Collections and finally display content in Community.
CMS Connect allows you to bring existing content from an external Content Management System such as Drupal, WordPress, AEM, Sitecore, SDL etc. It removes the need to copy the content again in your Community. This way you can have consistent branding across multiple locations and provides ease of maintenance.
Getting Started with Salesforce CMS
Salesforce CMS is a useful feature if you want to display contents on your community. If you have been using custom objects, lightning components and/or visualforce pages for the same, follow this guide and and find out in next 45 minutes if using Salesfcorce CMS can be a better option.
Here’s what this guide covers
- Create a CMS Workspace
- Create Content
- Organize Content
- Add Content to Community
- CMS Basics – Trailhead Module (35 mins) – https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/salesforce-cms-basics
- Start Using CMS – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=community_managed_content_start_using.htm&type=5
- CMS Workspaces – Help Article (15 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=cms_cmsworkspace_overview.htm&type=5
- Create Content – Help Article (15 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=community_managed_content_content_creation.htm&type=5
- Translate Content – Help Article (15 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=cms_translations_overview.htm&type=5
- Organize Content – Help Article (15 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=community_managed_content_organizing_content.htm&type=5
- Add Content to Your Community – Help Article (15 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=community_managed_content_adding_to_site.htm&type=5
- CMS Connect – Help Article (15 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=communities_cms_connect.htm&type=5