Salesforce Customer Contact Requests is another cool feature to enhance your customers experience in dealing with your company. It lets your customers submit a request for someone to get back to them. This way, there is no need for the customers to call your company, be kept on hold and wait endlessly. You can now flip it on its head call them up instead. All they have to do is fill out a form online and submit.
You can think of Salesforce Customer Contact Requests as a light-weight version of Cases. It can be related to other records. Use ‘Requested By’ field to relate to people, such as Leads, Contacts and the ‘Related To’ field to connect to Account, Case, Opportunities, Work Orders, and Custom Objects.
The beauty of this feature is the ease of implementation. With guided set up you can have this up and running in less than 15 minutes. Literally.
This feature can be implemented in Communities (authenticated and unauthenticated i.e. public) and/or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems. For IVR systems, you need to work with your Open CTI vendors. Once configured, give your agents appropriate access to Contact Request Object and Tab. You can also route them with Omni-Channel by editing its queue to include Contact request object.
Setting up Salesforce Contact Request in Community is a painless effort with this step-by-step guide, that won’t take more than 15 minutes of your time. This guide covers:
- Create Contact Request Flow
- Add Contact Request Flow to Community
- Allow Guest Users to Submit Contact Requests
- Test Contact Requests
(We have discontinued our premium membership offering. If you are an existing premium member, you can still download the guides by clicking on “DOWNLOAD PDF [PREMIUM MEMBERS]” button. If you are not a premium member and want to download the guides, please sign up for our “All Access” pass. Complete details about this pass is available at this URL.)
References & Useful URLs
- Let Customers Request that Support Get Back to Them – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=contact_request.htm&type=5
- Add Contact Requests to Your Community – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=contact_request_setup_community.htm&type=5
- Contact Request Button & Flow – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=rss_contact_request_button_and_flow.htm&type=5
- Allow Guest Users to Access Flows – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=rss_flow_guestuser.htm&type=5
- Contact Request Considerations – Help Article (10 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=contact_request_considerations.htm&type=5
4 thoughts on “Salesforce Customer Contact Requests – A Step by Step Guide”
very helpful. thanks
You’re welcome Tej 🙂
Are contact requests their own object, or are they a specific case record type?
Hi Charles, they are in their own object called ‘Contact Request’