#1MinuteTip #SalesforceSpring23 You can now view granular details about records sharing and access in Salesforce. Check out a record’s sharing hierarchy to view who it’s shared with. And then find out the reason for access and if a user’s access is blocked by a restriction rule.
Product Area: Customization – Sharing
1. Navigate to the record and click on ‘Sharing Hierarchy’
2. This will show all the users who have access to this record. To view the reason why they have access, click on ‘View’ under ‘User Access Details’
3. And here you can see the reason for access. Like in the following case, user Anna Parker has access to this opportunity record because it was manually shared with her.
References & Useful URLs
- For Related Spring ’23 Release Note Article – Click here
- Blog Post: Ways to Share Records in Salesforce
- Blog Post: Step By Step Guide to Using Restriction Rules in Salesforce
Want to Receive these Tips in your Inbox?
Finding it overwhelming to keep pace with Salesforce’s new release features? Try our “1 Day 1 Tip 1 Minute” emails, where you are going to get 1 tip every day that won’t take more than a minute to read. To find out more and subscribe please click here.