How do you find out the edition (Essentials, Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, etc.) and release (Winter 20, Spring 20, Summer 20, etc.) of your Salesforce instance? There are a couple of ways to determine this.
To determine the edition of your Salesforce Instance
1. Log in to your Salesforce org as an Admin -> Navigate to Company Information in Setup -> Salesforce edition will be displayed in the right column of company details
2. Run the following query from Developer Console
Select OrganizationType from Organization
To Determine the Release (API Version) of Your Salesforce Instance
Salesforce has three product releases every year. Sandbox instances are typically upgraded 2-3 weeks prior to a production upgrade. (Check out this Trailhead Unit if you want to learn more about release deliverables and timelines). So at times, you may want to determine what is the release of your sandbox instances and your production instance. There are two ways to determine the release of your Salesforce instance.
1. Refresh the page you are on in Salesforce and you will see a release-specific logo briefly displayed till the time page refreshes. e.g. In the below screenshot, you can Astro holding a heart and text ’20 besides it. This is the logo for Summer ’20 release. When the Salesforce instance will get upgraded to a new release, there will be a new logo. Salesforce comes up with a Release Logo Contest for every release. It comes up with 3 logo options, then users vote for their favorite logo and the logo with the highest votes becomes the logo for the upcoming release. Check out the Release Readiness Trailblazers Group in Trailblazer Community (Login required) for more information on the next contest.
2. Log in to your Salesforce org as an Admin -> Navigate to ‘Apex Classes’ in Setup -> Click ‘New’ -> Click ‘Version Settings’ -> There you can see which API version your Salesforce instance is on.
References & Useful URLs
- Find Salesforce Edition and API version – Help Article (5 mins) – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000334996&type=1&mode=1
- How to Find Your Salesforce Edition and API Version in Lightning – YouTube Video (3 mins) – https://youtu.be/jCsK64zIxbc