How do you find out the edition (Group, Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited etc.) and release (Winter 14, Spring 14, Summer 14 etc.) of your Salesforce instance? There are a couple of ways to determine this.
To determine the edition of your Salesforce Instance
1. Hover your mouse on the browser title bar and the Salesforce edition will be displayed. Here are the screenshots from different browsers
2. Logged on as Administrator, click on Setup -> Click on ‘Administer’. The Salesforce edition will be displayed in the right panel
3. Run the following query from Developer Console
To determine the release (version) of your Salesforce Instance
Salesforce has three product releases every year. Sandbox instances are typically upgraded 2-3 weeks prior to production upgrade. (Check out this knowledge article if you want to learn more about release deliverables and time lines). So at times you may want to determine what is the release of your sandbox instances and your production instance. There are two ways to determine the release of your Salefsorce instance
1. Switch to an Apps, whose logo you have not customised and determine the release version from the logo or
2. Navigate to Home tab and look at the right hand side of the screen which will have a link like “Discover <Release Name>” e.g. “Discover Summer’14″
These basically tells you the release of Salesforce you are on
Know of any other method to check the Salesforce edition or release? Please share it in the comments box below and I will include it in this post.