Salesforce offers a few ways to marry the emails, contacts and calendar from your email application to Salesforce. This means that you can surface the data from your email application to Salesforce and vice versa. This offers a few benefits like having a more complete picture of the customer inside CRM, information becoming visible to the wider team in your Salesforce Org, less switching between the applications, better productivity, better collaboration internally and with the customer etc.
The different options available for this integration are
- Email to Salesforce (Free)
- Outlook Integration / GMail Integration (Free)
- GMail Integration and Sync / Outlook Integration and Sync (Free)
- Einstein Activity Capture (Free for upto 100 Users)
- Salesforce Inbox (Paid)
- 3rd Party Products on AppExchange (Paid)