This is another guide for beginners on how to create a simple data entry form in Salesforce LWC (Lightning Web Component).
LWC in Salesforce has a library of pre-defined components that makes it easy and fast for you to customize Salesforce as per your requirements, when you can’t meet these requirements using declarative point-and-click capabilities.
In this guide we will be using the “
lightning-record-form” component of LWC to create a simple data entry form with minimum coding. This component allows you to add, view or update records real quick without writing any corresponding code in Apex.
Here are some of the other features that we will be exploring in this guide:
- Use “
- Import objects and fields references using importing references using the
- Display a custom toast notification on successful creation of the record.
And this guide will cover, step-by-step with screenshots, how to:
- Create Data Entry Form in LWC
- Deploy LWC to Salesforce Org
- Show LWC in Salesforce UI
- Test LWC
If you are beginner in LWC, this will be an excellent guide to show you how to create a simple data entry form in just under 15-20 minutes.
References & Useful URLs
- Lightning Web Component Reference – lightning-record-form