Financial Services Cloud (a.k.a FSC) is one of the products in the Salesforce Industries portfolio. FSC is built on top of Salesforce’s standard Sales & Service cloud and is tailor-made for financial services organizations comprising of industry specific data models, User Interface (UI) & processes.
Financial Services sector, just by itself is quite vast. It comprises of broad range of businesses that includes banking, wealth management, investments, credit card, insurance, and others. And each of these businesses within Financial Services have their own requirements, processes, and nuances. So, Salesforce has further divided FSC in different sub-verticals, which are as follows:
- Commercial Banking
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
And then there is a layer of common features in FSC that is applicable across all the sub-verticals.
Why Use FSC?
The idea behind industry specific solutions is that rather than companies spending their own time and effort in tailoring Salesforce to work for their industry, use a solution that is already tailor-made …. for that industry. Here are the benefits of using an industry specific solution.
- Accelerate time to value
- Solution is baked with industry specific standards and best practices (e.g. data model, processes etc.)
- Leverage on the new & innovative industry-specific features and functionalities with each Salesforce release
About this Training
The Salesforce FSC training covers all the topics that you need to know to have a deep understanding of the Financial Services Cloud. And then you can pick and choose the contents to suit your audience and requirements.
For example, if the audience of this training is your Salesforce admins, consultants, developers, or architects then this will be a techno-functional training where we are going to look at the different features and functionalities in FSC. And we will also look under the hood to understand the components that supports these features and functionalities. Like data model, profiles and permission sets, page layouts, lightning components, flows, custom metadata and custom settings and others. It will also cover how to configure, customize and enable/disable these features based on your business requirements.
But if this audience of this training is your end users, then we will cover the different features and functionalities of the FSC, focus more on how to use FSC as an end-user and skip the technical part. Your choice.
Further you can also customize this curriculum to include specific sub-verticals only. For example, if you are just interested in Insurance related features of FSC, we can omit the other sub-vertical related topics.
As of now, this FSC training is only available on-demand for corporates and groups.
- Introduction to Salesforce Industry Verticals
- Introduction to Salesforce Financial Services Cloud (FSC)
- Getting Started with FSC
- Accounts & Contacts in FSC
- Relationships in FSC
- Life Events & Business Milestones
- Action Plans
- Document Tracking & Approvals
- Leads, Referrals & Opportunities
- Compliant Data sharing
- FSC On Mobile
- Latest Release Features (Currently Spring ’21)
- Commercial Banking Related Features
- Insurance Related Features
- Mortgage Related Features
- Retail Banking Related Features
- Wealth Management Related Features
- Reports & Dashboards
Detailed breakdown of each of these sections is available on request.
Please note that this training does not cover the following topics currently.
- Salesforce Communities for FSC
- Lightning Scheduler
- Tableau CRM (previous known as Einstein Analytics) for FSC
The training will be delivered in live online format. Onsite / In-Class training will be offered after the travel restrictions (because of COVID-19) are lifted.
- Salesforce Administrators, Consultants, Developers or Architects who would like to have a thorough understanding of Salesforce Financial Services Cloud
- End-Users (Personal Bankers, Wealth Managers, Loan Officers, Insurance Agents etc.) who need to work on FSC
Following are the suggested pre-requisites for this course.
- Salesforce Lightning Experience (all audience)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator and/or App Builder (for Salesforce admins, consultants, developers, architects)
The total training duration for the full-blown course (covering all the topics mentioned above) is approximately 18 hours, which excludes the time that you will be spending on doing the lab exercises. If you intend to customize the course, then we will need to have a discussion before I can advise you on the duration.
You have the option of splitting these hours overs the number of days. It can be spread over 3 days (6 hours / day) or 5 days (approx. 3.5 hours / day).
There will be a maximum of only 5-7 participants per batch.
For the lab exercises, all participants will need to register for the FSC Trial Org, which is provided free of cost by Salesforce for 30 days. The instructor will walk you through the process of creating the Trial Org on the first day of training.
Training fee will depend on the finalized course content, training duration & timings and no. of participants. Please contact me with your requirements for a quote.
Interested in organizing this training for your company? Or got any questions or clarifications? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill this form with following details.
- Subject (please mention “FSC Training”)
- Company’s Name
- Company’s Website
- Intended Audience (Salesforce professionals or end-users)
- No. of Participants
- Expectations from the Training
- Tentative Date & Timings (with timezone) for the training
- Questions or clarifications (if any)