Mastering Salesforce Flows
Master Salesforce Flows. Master the Future of Automation in Salesforce
Introducing “Mastering Salesforce Flows”, a training course that will get you up and running in Salesforce Flows from scratch and will turn you into a Flow master.
Flows is now the present and future of automation in Salesforce. It enables you to automate complex business processes with just clicks and not code. Over the last few releases, it has become one of the most powerful features of Salesforce. There are different types of Flows that you can use for different purpose in different situations, just like a Swiss army knife.
And here are some more reasons on why you should consider moving to Flows
You can standardize automations using Flows. Rather than using different tools and features of Salesforce (like Workflow Rules, Process Builder, Apex Triggers, Apex Batch Classes), migrate those to Flows. Flows can become a central source of all your automations making it easier to develop, maintain, administer and troubleshoot.
Flows is a declarative tool with a rich UI and rich set of features. There are a variety of actions that you can take in flows declaratively (e.g. create/update/delete records, post to chatter, submit records for approval, send emails). Rather than using Apex, LWC, Aura Components & Visualforce pages that has its own development & maintenance overheads, use Flows.
Salesforce continues to enhance Flows with every release. Tens of features are introduced in every release of Salesforce making it more and more powerful. And with the Sun setting on Workflow Rules & Process Builder, Flow will be the only option for automation in future.
With Auto launched Flows, you can build once, and reuse it multiple times from multiple places. You can invoke it from a button, embed it on your pages, invoke it when DML operations are performed, schedule to run it or even invoke it through REST API call.
Flows has the concept of Flow versions. If you want to enhance an existing Flow, you can create a new version from the existing one, test it and activate it. You don’t need to worry about breaking anything in your production environment, till you have fully tested it. And just in case if something goes wrong with the new version of the Flow, you can immediately revert to the previous version, till you fix your new version.
There are pre-built Flows on AppExchange for different business requirements and for different industries. These Flows have been developed by Salesforce Labs as well as 3rd Parties. Rather than building a flow from scratch, you can use a pre-built one, thereby reducing the time and effort and increasing the the speed to market your solution.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Salesforce Flows
- Module 2 – Understanding the Building Blocks of a Flow
- Module 3.1 – How To Create Record-Triggered Flow
- Module 3.2 – How To Create Scheduled-Triggered Flow
- Module 3.3 – How To Create Autolaunched Flow
- Module 3.4 – How To Create Platform Event-Triggered Flow
- Module 3.5 – How To Create Screen-Flow
- Module 4.1 – How To Use Fault Path in Flow
- Module 4.2 – How To Pause & Resume Flows
- Module 4.3 – How To Use Flows with Apex
- Module 5.1 – How To Use Flow Templates
- Module 5.2 – Flow Limits & How to Debug Flows
- Module 5.3 – Flow Best Practices
- Module 6 – Migrating to Flows in Your Salesforce Org
- How To Use Screen-Flow To Upload Files & Make it Mandatory
- Step By Step Guide To Calling Flow From an API
- How To Send Outbound Message From Flow in Salesforce
- How to Show Progress Indicator in Salesforce Screen-Flows
- Step by Step Guide to Automate Testing of Salesforce Flows Declaratively (New)
- 44 Salesforce Flows Winter ’22 Release Features
- 25 Salesforce Flows Spring ’22 Release Features
- 25 Salesforce Flows Summer ’22 Release Features (New)
- More bonuses to be added on an ongoing basis ….
In this course, you will learn how to master Flows in Salesforce. If you have never used Flows, we are going to start from scratch, take the baby steps and build our way up to master it. We are going to Crawl -> Walk -> Run & Fly with Flows.
At the end of each module, you will be expected to build these flows yourself as lab exercise. For this we will provide you with exhaustive step-by-step guides with screenshots in downloadable PDF documents. And then there will be a discussion area for you to get help, ask questions and clarify all your doubts. In other words, we will be there to handhold you and guide you whenever needed.
How Does it Work?
This is a self-paced video-based training course that you can do at your own time and convenience. On sign up you will have instant access to our training platform that will include:
Self-Paced Training Videos (HD 1080p, Streaming Only)
Step By Step PDF Guide with Screenshots (Downloadable)
Discussion Area to ask Questions
Free Upgrades (safe harbour)
Access through Mobile App (for iOS Users only)
Try Before You Buy
Want to try it out before you decide to buy? We have made the module 1 & module 2 available as free preview for you to try it out. This includes the training videos, downloadable course material in PDF format and discussion area for you to take a look. Experience the course before making your decision.
100% Money Back Guarantee
In an unlikely situation that you are not satisfied with the course because of any reason, let us know within 30 days of your purchase by emailing us at email@example.com. We will refund 100% of your money back to you with no questions asked. Period.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Individuals – Salesforce Administrators, Consultants, Developers or Architects who would like to master the concepts of Salesforce Flows and start using it in their Salesforce Org.
- Organizations – Salesforce customers, system integrators (SI), implementation partners and ISVs looking to upskill their team on Flows, reduce the technical debt and reduce the amount of customization in their Salesforce implementation.
- This course is not intended for Salesforce end-users
- This course will also not be suitable for absolute beginners in Salesforce
- The best way to get most out of this course will be do all the lab exercises. If you are not willing to commit to complete these lab exercises, you should probably not be joining this course.
- Salesforce Certified Administrator and/or
- Salesforce Certified App Builder and/or
- Familiarity with Salesforce Lightning Experience (LEX)
Hi, I am Ashish Agarwal having 26 Salesforce certifications and 1000+ trailhead badges. I have more than 25 years of experience in Information Technology out of which 12 years have been spent in Salesforce. I started with Salesforce as an admin and then moved on to become a consultant, solution architect, technical architect, and program architect. I have also worked with Salesforce in Singapore for 4+ years and have been an advisor architect to multiple large-scale implementations.
Taking a complex topic, breaking it down and simplifying it for others to understand and use is one of the areas I am passionate about. And this blog is a live example of that with hundreds of step-by-step guides, how-tos, tips & tricks.
Got More Questions?
Still got questions that have not been answered? For any further assistance, information, or clarification, please fill in the contact form here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-Person Classes Schedule
We now offer “Mastering Salesforce Flows” as live in-person class in New York City & San Francisco. To check the class schedule, location and to register please click here.
On-Demand Live Online / Onsite Training for Corporates
Looking to train your team on Salesforce Flows? Please reach out to us through email at email@example.com or submit the form here with the following details:
- Company Name
- Company Website
- Approx. No. of Participants
- Planned Training Date/Time (with Timezone)
- Format (Onsite / Online)
- Location (If onsite. City & Country)