Training – Developing Applications with Force.com
Force.com is Platform-As-A-Service (PaaS) offered by Salesforce.com. Using Force.com you can create and deploy business applications in minutes. You don’t need to worry about buying, installing, administering & managing hardware, operating system, software, databases, configuring network, security and backups. Force.com provides you a framework using which you can create any kind of application that you want to meet your business requirements and deploy it on Internet.
Checkout this video presentation to understand more on Force.com
- Introduction & Getting Stared with Force.com
- What is Cloud Computing ?
- What is Force.com Platform ?
- Different Editions of Force.com
- Registering for Force.com Account
- Accessing Force.com Platform
- Building Blocks of a Force Platform Application
- Creating Data Model
- Creating Data Model for a Business Application
- Understanding & Creating different data types
- Understanding & Creating different types of relationship
- Master-Detail Relationship
- Lookup Relationship
- Roll-Up Summary Fields
- Picklists (Normal Picklist, Dependent Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist)
- Formula Fields
- Validation Rules
- Working with User Interface
- Creating Applications
- Creating Tabs
- Creating Page Layouts
- Using Workflows and Approvals To Implement Business Logic
- Understanding workflows
- Creating worksflows
- Defining workflow Actions
- Seeing workflow in action
- Understanding approvals
- Creating approvals
- Seeing approval in action
- Monitoring & Debugging Workflows & Approvals
- Data Management
- Migrating Data to Force.com
- Using Import Wizard
- Using Force.com Data Loader
- Understand External IDs
- Reports and Dashboards
- Understand Reporting on Force.com Platform
- Creating Reports (Standard, Summary, Matrix)
- Understanding Dashboards
- Creating a Dashboard Component
- Administering & Security on Force.com
- Creating Users
- Understanding, Creating & Using Roles
- Understanding, Creating & Using Profiles
- Understanding Public Groups
- Restricting Access based on IP & Login Hours
- Managing Company Information
- Sharing Records
- Overview of Advanced Components of Force.com
- Introduction to VisualForce
- Introduction to Apex
- Introduction to Force.com IDE
- Introduction to AppExchange
- Introduction to Force.com Sites
An excellent course for anyone who wants to learn how to develop applications on Force.com platform
Following are the suggested pre-requisites for this course.
- Basic IT Knowledge
- Basic understanding of database objects (Tables, Fields)
If you are not sure whether this is the course to meet your requirements, please contact me and I will schedule a one-on-one discussion with you to understand what exactly you are looking for and advice accordingly.
The total training duration for this course is approximately 15 hours, which excludes the time that you will be spending on doing the lab exercises.
At the end of each theory session, you are expected to finish all the lab exercises before next session. You will need another one hour per day to finish all the lab exercises.
For the lab exercises, all participants will need to register for a developer account with Salesforce.com which is provided free of cost by Salesforce.